|Main Idea Warm-Up/Students are given words for the review vocabulary test/Of Mice and Men CH 5-reading and discussion||Main Idea Warm-Up/Of Mice and Men CH 6- reading and discussion
CH 5-6 comprehension activity due tomorrow
|Main Idea Warm-Up-last day to finish assignment/Library-select books for January book report||Of Mice and Men SGO writing prompt assessment, answering the question:
Was George right in his decision to kill Lennie?
|Finish the Of Mice and Men SGO writing prompt assessment.
Review Vocabulary Test
If time remains from the writing prompt, students may SSR
|ACQUISITION OF ALASKA AND HAWAII
Videos about Alaska
Read U.S. Foreign Policy on Hawaii*
Read Hawaii Annexation Play*
Answer Exit Question*
|Just the Facts: The Progressive Era (link above) and video notes*||Europe in 1914 Mapping||Where in the world was Prussia? Google Prussia - see Wikipedia site for explanation
and map. We will do this together in class.
WW I: The War to End All Wars: With Flags Waving (You will need to make this up at lunch Friday or next week if you miss class. This is not available online in the US - sorry)
European Alliances notes (based on the video)
Groups will research one of the following topics, and prepare a mini Google Slides presentation to share with the class on Monday. Be sure to cite your sources!
1. When did the U.S. become involved in WW I, and why did it take them so long to get involved?
2. What other countries were involved in WW I besides the U.S., Russia, Britain, France and Germany?
3. Find a famous battle from WW I and tell us about it: who, what, where, and when? Tell why it was fought, if you can.
4. How did WW I end?
5. Who were the leaders of the major countries involved in WW I? Did leadership change during the war?
6. What kind of weapons were used during WW I? How were they different than the ones used in other wars?
7. In what ways did women help the war effort during WW I?
8. Describe a typical American soldier’s day in the trenches.