UMS Physical Education Expectations
1. Students at Urbana Middle School are expected to dress for class everyday.
2. At the start of each P.E. class students are expected to sit in the gym in their class assigned area. They are permitted to chat and visit until all teachers are in the gym.
Teachers will take attendance and begin a routine of stretches. Students are expected to perform stretches to the best of their ability.
3. Transition- Travel to and from Gym to play areas:
- If classes are held outdoors: Students are to travel with purpose, stay together when traveling to play area- Fields, Track, Tennis Courts. Staying in visual contact with teacher at all times.
- When returning from outdoor play area, all students must stay together until the teacher can unlock outer doors and supervise group. Returning to the gym and locker rooms with a purpose.
4. Participation: Students are expected to participate in the game, drill, or skill that is taught to the best of their ability. Refusal to participate will result in loss of points.
5. Locker Room Expectations: There will be a male or female P.E. Teacher inside the locker rooms when students are present. Each student will be assigned a personal locker. Students are expected to change clothes near assigned locker provided. Keep noise level low. Dress with a purpose.
Students are expected to perform minimal to moderate fitness activities while in Physical Education classes.
Many assignments will focus on one or many of the following:
Cardiovascular Health, Strength, Endurance, Flexibility, and Coordination.
Students will also be taught:
Teamwork and Strategy through Team and Individual Sports, Team Building Activities, and Gym Games.
If a Student is injured and is expected to be out of PE for 3 days or less a Parent note must be provided.
If a Student is injured and is expected to be out of PE for MORE then 3 days a Doctor's note must be provided.